Board of Regents charge to the search committee
- The Committee shall assist and advise the Iowa Board of Regents in the selection of the next President of Iowa State University, with the understanding that they represent the larger university in their dealings with candidates.
- The Committee shall develop an Advertisement and Institution Profile representing the criteria for the position of President of Iowa State University to be approved by the Committee. In addition to strong academic credentials, the Board directs the Committee to consider inclusion of strong demonstrated skills such as innovation, entrepreneurship, fiscal management, and creative problem solving.
- Appointees to the Committee will serve without predetermined bias for or against any prospective candidates nominated, referred, or discovered in the search process.
- In all deliberations, Committee members will review all candidates adhering to Board of Regents policies and state and federal laws including applicable personnel categories.
- Committee members shall commit to preserve the confidentiality of the search process and candidate identities. Such confidentiality is essential to the successful outcome of the search and must be maintained with professionalism and diligence at all times throughout the search process.
- Members of the Committee will serve with the understanding that the Committee will meet over a period of months and that attendance at scheduled meetings is a top priority as is reviewing all provided materials.
- The Committee shall work with the advice of the executive search consultants to search, recruit, and screen for appropriate applicants. The Committee shall evaluate nominations and applications.
- The Committee will present to the Iowa Board of Regents an unranked list of three to five candidates who are the most qualified for Board selection as the next President of Iowa State University. The Committee will work to advance the final three to five candidates to the Board.
- After the candidates’ campus visits have been completed, the Committee will meet with the Board of Regents to review its work and provide comments regarding the strengths of each of the finalists they have recommended to the Board prior to the Board’s final candidate interviews.
June 5, 2017